Have you lost contact with your service buddies? This is where you might get in touch with them. Are you looking for a military-related item? You might find that here also.
Do you have a message to submit? Fill out the form here.
- SS JEREMIAH O’BRIEN seeks volunteers in all departments — deck, engine, guns, docent, stewards, store and office. The vessel participated in the 1944 Normandy invasion and 50 years later returned to those French shores. It is currently berthed at Pier 45 in San Francisco. Contact R. VANNUCCI; 510/581-9139, or visit www.ssjeremiahobrien.org
- CHOSIN VETS: If you were in North Korea north of Chinhung Ni to the Chosin Reservoir from 27 Nov to 11 Dec 1950 and would like to join with other Vets in the “Men of Chosin,” contact SGT S. GALEWICK, 5091 Dapple Gray Dr., Redding, CA 96002-4102; 530/221-1496.
- Am looking for any information regarding the shooting down, capture by the Japanese and subsequent execution of three members of a B-24 crew while on a mission in the Pacific T/O. They were members of the “RED RAIDERS,” the 22nd B. SQUADRON (H). The one name I have is HOWARD A. SHILLINGTON, the other two crew members are unknown. Any information would be very much appreciated. Please contact HARRY D. WEST, 5361 Harding Rd., Barryton, MI 49305; firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEEKING U.S. ARMY members who served with KMAG in KOREA from 1946-50, and have knowledge of infiltration efforts on behalf of the Far East Command. Also, anyone who has a copy of “A String, a Hug, and a Silent Knight,” a government office publication of the same period. Blood relatives who are acquainted with facts on these subjects and are holding orders and books, or other items related to the above, please come forward. This has been a 57 year search. Contact D. SCHREIBER, PONTO HISTORIC SOCIETY, 7290 Ponto Dr., Carlsbad, CA 92011; 760/438-2140, fax 760/931-1719.
- Seeking anyone who might have known my father, 1st LT GORDON T. HUDDLESTON, Navigator, Air Transport Command, Army Air Corps, WWII. I have his flight log dated 1942-45 covering his ferrying aircraft, personnel, supplies and materiel to the European, Pacific and China-Burma-India theatres. Also have some photographs he took during this time and the names of all the 1st pilots on these missions. Would like to hear from anyone associated with this war effort. Contact GORDON T. HUDDLESTON, Jr., Box 46, Richland, MT 59260.
- USS DAVIDSON (DE/FF-1045) Memorial Plaque Dedication Ceremony will be held 16 Oct 13 at the Punchbowl Memorial Cemetery, Oahu, HI. Info: MIKE PECK; 952/922-8536, email@example.com
- SEEKING LT. KING who served with B/229th AHB, 1st CAV DIV, VIETNAM 1972. Lt. King was a pilot on a UH-1H helicopter that rescued Cpt. Mike Brown and Cpt. Marco Cordon after they were shot down by an SA-7 Strella missile 21 Jun 1972 during the Battle of An Loc. Anyone with information please contact LEWIS McCONNELL; 951/845-0899, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Former SGT A.W. “SUNNY” SUNDBERG, USMC looking for MAJ “MAC” McCARTY, former XO, 2nd Combined Action Group, ’69-’70, also SGT-In-Charge of the EMCLUB at Hoi An ’69-’70. Contact A.W. SUNDBERG, PO Box 1542, Clatskanie, OR 97016; 503/369-1121.
- MARINES: If you reside in New Jersey and would like to belong to the largest Marine veteran organization, the Marine Corps League, contact us at the Garden State Detachment. We have no meetings, parades, etc. You will be eligible for the New Jersey DMV-issued “Leatherneck” license plate and all League benefits. For information contact RICH BASILE, 5 Stonehill Lane, Belvidere, NJ 07823
- Seeking anyone who served with the 591st ENGR. CO (LE) 27th ENGR BN (C) from Ft. Campbell, KY, in 1966 and later the 18th BG during ’Nam 67-72 to renew our brotherhood. Please contact K. KIEL, 7510 S. Nottingham Way, Franklin, WI 53132; 414/529-7731, email@example.com, 591st website http://myplace.frontier.com/~joseph.babcock2/index.html
- Trying to find my buddies from the 16th A.O.D. at FORT BRAGG, NC 1959 & ECHTERDINGEN ARMY AIRFILED STUTTGART, GERMANY, 1959-60. Looking for SP/4 CICERO, PFC McCLURE, SP/4 RICKETTS, PFC HRACH, SP/4 BABB, SP/4 BELL, SP/4 MARTIN, PFC OBERLY, PFC CAMPBILL, PFC BLACKORBY, PVT CHRISTIANSON. Please contact TOM SENUTA, 70 Fanning Rd., Ledyard, CT 96339; 860/889-0654, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st MARINE DIV ASSN is looking for people who served in, were attached to or were in support of the Division, as members. Contact LT CL J. STEVENS; 415/921-1933, email@example.com
- Seeking anyone who served aboard the USS TATTNALL (DDG-19) from April 1963 to January 1991. Contact R. HARMON, 1440 E. Minnesota Ave., Orange City, FL 32763-3012; firstname.lastname@example.org
- USS SAN FRANCISCO MEMORIAL FOUNDATION is looking for people who served on the ship or who have/had a relative who served on the ship. Contact LTC J. STEVENS; 415/921-1933, email@example.com
- Seeking USAF BASIC TRAINING GRADUATION PHOTO, SQDN 3702, TRAINING FLIGHT 4652, Dec-April 1950. Capt. Milton W. Etters was my C.O. Contact W.J. SUMMY, 247 Simpson Hollow Rd., Mt. Pleasant, PA 15666.
- USMC HAWK ASSOCIATION: Home of the USMC Light & Medium Anti-Aircraft Missile (LAAM & MAAM) Battalions, is looking for a few good men and women who served with these units. Contact S. BULISZYN, USMC Hawk Association, 1 Cherry Drive Lane, Ocala, FL 34472; www.usmchawkassociation.com
- SCHOLARSHIP GRANTS: The deadline is 1 May 2013 for applicants seeking scholarship grants through the Society of the 3rd Infantry Division Scholarship Foundation, Inc. Applicants must be the biological or adopted offspring of Soldiers who served or are serving in the 3rd Infantry Division. For the application and instructions, call 972/495-1704 or visit our website, www.3idscholarshipfoundation.org
Send in a message
Do you have a message to submit to Military magazine? There is a donation of $2 per month for message listings.
(tax will be shown in the cart, but will not be charged)
If you prefer, you can send in your message by mail to:
2116 28th Street